Quick and Simple Copywriting Tips
- Write to a specific person. Don’t worry about alienating some people. When you write to everyone, you write to nobody in particular. Separate the writing process from the editing.
- Use a conversational tone.
- Avoid inside jargon. Use everyday language.
- Write and more. More importantly, rewrite.
- You. Use you in your copy. Make it about the person you are speaking to.
- Headlines matter. Spend lots of time on headlines.
- Tell stories. We are storytellers. We crave an interesting story and we make them up when they aren’t supplied.
- Keep a file of copy you like. Use it as a model.
- Features are yawn. Benefits sell. Especially the benefits of the benefits.
- Ask for what you want. Don’t be shy. Include a call action such call 555-
555- 1212 for free information, visit: www.mywebsite for your value free report.
- Add value rather than discounting to increase response to an offer.